Sunday, August 7, 2011

2011-12 Not Too Early BCS Predictions

Since every sports page will do these at some point between last year’s national championship game and this year’s first game, I thought Dammit Herring should give it a try too. If you like you like my predictions than great, and if you don’t like them, well then to hell with you!

Rose Bowl presented by VIZIO
Nebraska Cornhuskers vs. Oregon Ducks

Why: I’m just not buying into the hype that Ohio State can still be a great team without Tressel and with Pryor and other starters for five games. Hell they weren’t winning national titles with those two even when they had them. I like a one loss Ohio State to lose to a two loss Nebraska team in Lucas Oil Stadium for the Big 10 Championship game. Oregon won’t return to the national title game but they should win the PAC-12 comfortably.

Allstate Sugar Bowl
LSU Tigers vs. Boise State Broncos

Why: This is a tough one because I think the Bama/LSU game will decide who wins the SEC and goes to the national title game. Since I haven’t seen either team play yet I have to give the edge to Bama since the game is at Bryant-Denny and thus LSU is relegated to the Sugar Bowl. The undefeated Broncos finally get a shot at a top tier SEC program. Although even if they beat LSU it still proves nothing in my eyes. Boise State plays cake competition all year then they can get geared up for their final game. You suck Broncos!

Discover Orange Bowl
Wisconsin Badgers vs. Florida State Seminoles

Why: Stay with me on this one. Wisconsin loses one game to Ohio State and gets shutout of the Big 10 championship game. However with one loss and Ohio State losing to Nebraska in Indy, the Badgers become the other Big 10 BCS bowl team. Florida State will beat Virginia Tech in the ACC championship game and go to the Orange Bowl. However, FSU will have already lost to Oklahoma at home.

Tostitos Fiesta Bowl
Oklahoma State Cowboys vs. West Virginia Mountaineers

Why: This will be a yawner of a BCS game as a 10-2 Oklahoma State team destroy a hapless Big East champion in West Virginia. Its BCS bowls like this that really make me wish we had a playoff system. I mean I’m getting sleepy just typing about this boring game.

BCS National Championship
Alabama Crimson Tide vs. Oklahoma Sooners

Why: If you want to know why I’m picking Alabama see my Sugar Bowl notes. Oklahoma will slip up and lose a game but will advance to the national title game over undefeated Boise State sparking renewed protests of unfairness from the blue nation. God I hate Boise State.

No comments: